Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Red Eye (PG)

Rating:★★★
Category:Movies
Genre: Mystery & Suspense
Started off as a very pleasant working girl flick...Lisa Reisert (Rachel McAdams - I only know her from Mean Girls & Hot Chicks *hmm~ pretty much tell ye what kinda guy I am huh~?*) - A hotel manager that has high EQ, good at PR & Crisis Management. Befriended seatmate Jackson Rippner (Cillian Murphy - Scare Crow dude in  Batman Begins ) on the night flight to Miami. Little does she know that she's the Red Button for an assassination plot.

75% of the movie was set in the claustrophobic cabin of a plane, which is good because it adds to the tension of this thriller, enhances the frustrations & helplessness of Lisa. There are lots of close-up shots displaying the leads' abilities to handle various emotions. Even though the real action only kicks in after 75% through the show, I don't find it draggy at all.

The most disappointing part for me is the supposedly climatic part of the movie...Being through so many of such chase around the house sequence, this is nothing new. As 1 of my friend said, its like Home Alone 2005. The brief action at the hotel during the assassination attempt turns out to be better than it...

As I've mentioned above...due to my choice of flicks...Rachel McAdams used to appear some what a  Bimbo  to me, but this movie opened up my eyes for her.

Cillian Murphy is creepy as hell! *shivers~* I can't remember the least bit of him in  28 Days Later ...He better secure a different & impressive role for his next act, or forever he'll be this creepy dude we know...

People in Travel & Hotel industries can relate to this movie better. Some of the situations are like so Deja Vu!

Director: Wes Craven
Writer: Carl Ellsworth
Cast: Rachel McAdams, Cillian Murphy, Brian Cox, Colby Donaldson

1 star for the entire flight cabin sequence, 2 stars for Rachel McAdams & Cillian Murphy.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home