Saturday, May 28, 2005

Magic Mushrooms

I'm a savage, blood thirsty bastich! There are only a few non-meaty food that I like. From top of the list:


  • Chillies
  • Tofu
  • Mushrooms
  • Kimchi

With my folks away for the month, I've to prepare my own meals if I'm eating in. I hate rice, so the rice cooker has been on holiday with my folks too. My regular diet so far were mainly noodles, cooked in all sorta ways I know, clear soup, spicy dry, creamy soup, cold etc.

This weekend, for a change, I'd prepared for myself an all mushroom dinner. 1st, I bought some Portobello mushrooms. Then, I slowly worked towards what I'm gonna do to 'em. Actually, I'd totally no idea how to prepare these fungi, I'm using myself as a "Lab Rat" to try out all the ways that popped up in my mind.


Ingredients: The Fungi, Potatoes, Soft Cheese, Feta Cheese with Herbs, Mozzarella Cheese, Garlics, Corn Beef, Olive Oil & Balsamic Vinegar. 

As in most cooking shows, due to time constrain, we cut to removing the finished products from the oven after 10mins @ 250˚C! *fact is I'm freakin' lazy to type...


Corn Beef with Mozzarella (left), Feta Cheese (top) & Mashed Potato with Mozzarella (right)


Garlic & Balsamic Vinegar (left) & Soft Cheese with Pepper (right)

I have to admit...they look...err...yacky, but they smelled good. As for taste...I ranked them:



  1. Corn Beef with Mozzarella - tasted like a juicy pizza

  2. Feta Cheese - I like the light herbal fragrance

  3. Soft Cheese with Pepper - a little plain, needed some more spice

  4. Mashed Potato - the combination didn't really worked out

  5. Garlic & Balsamic Vinegar - mistake...shouldn't have used vinegar instead of lemon

After the juicy mushrooms, I still had rooms in my stomach, & left over ingredients. I then took out a slice of bread & tried to make a Bonjour Pizza. But I didn't have any tomato sauce or ketchup, so I used sweet chili sauce instead...another mistake...the Italian uses tomato sauce for a reason...


Looked like a Mini Pizza but tasted like crap...

People! Never ever settle for a substitute...especially things that you put in your mouth...*bleh~ Hmm...maybe I'll try messin' with bloody flesh next weekend! 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home