Monday, April 18, 2005

私は日本人です。


I'm Japanese.

Yesterday afternoon, I went to cina sq sunday flea mart. After finishing a few rounds, Mok called to tell me that he's on his way & will be there in 30mins time...Since I'd went through all the stores, I got nothing better to do; so I sat on a bench & did some "people watchin'" while waiting for Mok's arrival. An elderly couple came shortly & sat beside me to rest their feet.

As I was still doing "human scannin'", Mrs Peter Tan (nice toyshop lady) came by to offer me some snacks that she just bought. I replied, "No, thank you." to her in mandarin & we chatted a little. After Mrs Peter Tan left, the old lady seated beside me told me that she was surprised! All along she thought I was Japanese, until I started to converse in mandarin.

It has been years since someone told me that I looked like a Japanese. Seriously, I take it as a compliment, as I've always admire Japs for their Intelligence, Discipline & Respect for their Culture...*eh...of course the Bejeans also lah...heh~*. These are the reasons why I took up Jap language course a couple of years back. Sometimes I do think will sporean be as lazy & naive if the Jap had won WWII?

Talk about WWII, I find that what the mainland chinese are doing now is kinda dumb...Protests & Demonstrations are fine, but to Boycott Jap products & harass Jap establishments in china are plain stupid! I'm not defending the Japs. I think what they did to their history text is very wrong...but not stupid!

Tell me,
• How many Jap products are not "made in China"?
• What kind of people were employed to run the Jap companies in china?
• Which company, AIA Jap or AIA china is going to pay for their insurance coverage?

These ignorant communists are indirectly hurting themselves. It's like a dog chasing after its own tail just to get rid of a flea that had already been fed! Seems like after all these years, the Cultural Revolution still has its effect on these brainless puppets *no thinkin' involved~...*.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home